Many of us throw a tub of hummus into our cart while shopping. But do you know how simple hummus can be whipped up and it is so much tastier than anything you can find at the store. Bonus it’s made with real and healthy ingredients, plus it is vegan!
- 1 clove garlic (peeled)
- 2 x 400 grams cans chickpeas (drained)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 tablespoons tahini
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons maldon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 4 tablespoons greek yoghurt
- Put the garlic clove, chickpeas, 3 tablespoons olive oil, tahini, lemon juice, salt and cumin into a food processor and blitz until a lumpy puree.
- Add the Greek yoghurt and process again, if the hummus is still very thick and paste like add another couple of tablespoons of olive oil. (This will often depend on the chick-peas, as different sorts will make the hummus thicker or not).
- Taste for seasoning adding more lemon and salt if you wish. Serve in a wide, shallow bowl ready to serve with chips, bread sticks or sliced raw vegetables.