Tagliatelle with walnut sauce are a very special first course: the unmistakable taste and intense aroma make them very popular. It is a simple dish found in Emilia Romagna and Liguria, with some variations also in Campania. Be careful as nuts are a very energetic food and if you overdo it, the flavor of your dish will be too strong. This recipe is delicious in its simplicity and we’ll leave it up to you to enrich it with a personal touch!
- 500gr tagliatelle
- 50gr butter
- 1 clove garlic
- 200gr shelled walnuts
- 200gr mascarpone or cream cheese
- 60gr freshly grated parmeggiano
- Melt the butter and fry the minced garlic until it is golden brown.
- Chop the nuts finely and add to the garlic and butter, stir for three minutes then remove from the heat.
- Cook the pasta and avoid over-cooking.
- Add the mascarpone to the nuts and heat gently.
- Drain the pasta, toss in the grated parmeggiano.
- Stir in the sauce and serve at once.