Another recipe fitting for Thanksgiving or as a tasty side dish. Butternut squash has a sweet, nutty taste similar to that of a pumpkin. This recipe is quick, delicious and could become one of your fall favourites.
Ingredients (serves 6-8)
- 2 kg butternut squash
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 6 stalks fresh thyme (or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme)
- 100 gr pecan nuts
- 125 gr crumbled roquefort cheese
- pepper and salt (to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Halve the squash, leaving the skin on, and scoop out the seeds, then cut into 2.5cm cubes.
- Put the squash into a roasting tin with the oil. Strip the leaves from 4 stalks of thyme, and sprinkle over the butternut squash. Roast in the oven for about 30-45 minutes or until tender.
- Once out of the oven, remove the squash to a bowl and scatter the pecans and crumble the cheese over it, then toss everything together gently.
- Check seasoning and add the last of the thyme, torn into small sprigs to decorate.