A little exotic touch will spice up your day. A meal easily made up from store cupboard ingredients. A few extra shrimp will make it the perfect dinner party entrée.
- 2 tbsp spoons green thai curry paste
- 14 oz can coconut milk
- 1 pound frozen chopped spinach
- 1 cup freshly boiled water
- 1 tsp vegetable bouillon powder
- 1 red chile deseeded and chopped (optional)
- Put the curry paste into a medium-sized saucepan with a lid, and add a few tablespoons of the coconut milk to whisk it into a paste over heat.
- Stir in the remaining coconut milk, and add the frozen spinach chunks. Stir, then pour over the boiled water. (It should almost cover the spinach, but not quite.)
- Add the vegetable bouillon powder and stir to mix. Bring soup to the boil before putting on the lid and turning the heat down, so that the soup cooks at a gentle simmer for 10 minutes.
- When serving, if so wished, sprinkle each bowl with chopped red chile.