Carrot soup might not sound appealing, but what about roasted carrots, with a sweet, smokey, turmeric flavour that melt in your mouth when blended with peanut butter and chickpeas?
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 ½ pound (around 8) carrots, peeled and halved
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 l vegetable broth or water
- 1 can (400 gr) chickpea, drained
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- ½ teaspoon honey
- yogurt, for serving
- parsley/coriander, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 220 C
- Toss the carrots with turmeric, olive oil, and cinnamon on a rimmed baking sheet. Season with salt. Roast, tossing occasionally, until tender and browned, around 30 minutes. Chop the carrots into smaller pieces.
- Boil the broth in a medium pot. Add the carrots and ½ can chickpeas. Cook 10 minutes, until flavors combined.
- Stir in the peanut butter and honey. Blend until the soup is very smooth, 1-2 minutes. Season with salt according to your taste.
- Toss the remaining chickpea with 1 teaspoon olive oil and salt.
- Divide the hot soup among bowls. Spoon a dollop of yogurt into the center of each. Serve with some parsley or coriander.