Nothing like a tricolour salad to inspire your senses. This is a Greek alternative to the Italian Tomato, Mozzarella and Basil salad. It’s healthy and colourful with a great blend of textures.
For the salad:
- 1 kg fresh asparagus, ends trimmed, diced into 2-inch pieces
- 300 gr of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 120 gr feta cheese, crumbled
For the vinaigrette:
- 6 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Tp prepare vinaigrette, add vinegar to a small saucepan, bring to a boil over medium heat and allow to boil until reduced by half, about 3 minutes.
- Pour into a jar or bowl, add olive oil, dijon mustard, honey, garlic and whisk to blend while seasoning with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add asparagus to boiling water and allow to boil until tender crisp, about 4 – 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile fill a medium mixing bowl with ice and cold water. Drain and immediately transfer asparagus to ice water, let rest about 10 seconds then drain asparagus well.
- Transfer to a bowl with tomatoes and walnuts. Drizzle vinaigrette over top and toss lightly.
- Mix in over half of the feta then serve plate and top with remaining feta.