Quinoa is a new entry in our family’s diet. I admit not being a huge fan of it but really do enjoy this fresh summer salad for its taste as well as for its colourful vibe. Healthy, refreshing, and deeply satisfying.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 pomegranate, seeded
- 4 small Persian cucumbers (or 1 large English cucumber), diced
- 1 bunch fresh mint, chopped (~ 4 Tbsp.)
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground pepper
- Add quinoa, water and salt to a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil then cover, turn off heat and let it sit for 15 minutes. Remove lid and fluff with a fork. Set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk dressing ingredients together.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooled quinoa, pomegranate seeds, diced cucumber, mint and feta. Add dressing and toss to coat.