These muffins are perfect for your breakfast table but kids will also love them as a snack. Soft, moist and scrumptious they certainly don’t last long in our household.
Ingredients (makes 12)
- 3 very ripe or overripe bananas
- 125 millilitres vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 100 grams soft light brown sugar
- 225 grams plain flour
- 3 tablespoons best-quality cocoa powder (sifted)
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- Preheat the oven to 200°C and line a 12-bun muffin tin with muffin paper cases.
- Mash the bananas by hand. Still beating and mashing, add the oil followed by the eggs and sugar with a mixer.
- Mix the flour, cocoa powder and bicarbonate together and add this mixture, beating gently, to the banana mixture, then spoon it into the prepared paper cups.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15–20 minutes, by which time the muffins should be dark, rounded and peeking proudly out of their cases. Allow to cool slightly in their tin before removing to a wire rack.