Silky, refreshing with just a hint of spice this Mediterranean soup is perfect for summer entertaining. Fresh, textured, light, and so delicious, the frozen raspberries are the hero of this dish, providing a bit of sweetness and tartness that balances perfectly with the tomatoes, cucumbers and peppers.
- 1 cup frozen raspberries, plus more for garnish
- 3 large, ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 cup white onion
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup peeled and seeded cucumber, plus more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar (can sub lemon juice)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 2 slices bread, toasted and cubed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
- Put the frozen raspberries, tomatoes, bell pepper, onion, garlic, cucumber, vinegar, olive oil, half of the bread cubes, salt and pepper in a blender. Process until smooth, adding up to 1/3 cup water if necessary. (Work in batches if not all the ingredients fit in your blender at once.)
- Taste and adjust the seasoning as needed. Refrigerate for up to a few hours before serving for best flavor.
- To serve, toss together the remaining bread crumbs, raspberries, chopped bell pepper and cucumber together with a small pinch of salt and pepper. Divide the gazpacho among 4 bowls and garnish with the bread mixture.