How about turning an Italian dish into an American treat that your kids will love? My Neapolitan husband claims the idea of spaghetti and meatballs in itself is an American invention therefore… at this point… anything goes. YEHAY!
Follow this simple recipe for super-cool Spaghetti & Meatball muffins:
- 170g spaghetti
- 1½ tablespoon olive oil
- 1½ cups parmesan cheese, grated
- 1½ cups tomato based pasta sauce
- 12 cooked meatballs
- ½ cup basil, roughly chopped
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 190C.
- Cook spaghetti NOT following packet directions, drain when every AL DENTE and allow to cool.
- Spray 12 cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Pour 1 cup cheese into spaghetti pan and toss.
- You might wish to add an egg for the nests to better stick together.
- Divide spaghetti between the 12 muffin cups, arranging spaghetti to make a nest.
- Top each nest with 1 tablespoon of pasta sauce, a meatball, another tablespoon pasta sauce.
- Sprinkle each with parmesan cheese.
- Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Cool slightly before eating, garnish with a chopped basil.