These autumn-inspired muffins are perfect for breakfast or brunch. Loaded with dried cranberries, pumpkin, and bright orange flavors, they’re extra delicious split and topped with cream cheese or your favorite jam.
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- juice from 1 large orange
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with muffin liners and lightly coat with cooking spray.
- Combine the cranberries and orange juice in a small saucepan and heat until the orange juice is warm. Set aside to let the cranberries plump, about 5 minutes, then drain off the juice.
- Whisk the flour, granulated sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt into a medium bowl and set aside.
- Whisk together the butter, plumped cranberries, pumpkin puree, milk, eggs and orange zest in a large bowl.
- Add the flour-spice mixture to the pumpkin mixture and gently fold the batter together until it is just combined (it’s ok if there are a few lumps).
- Divide the batter evenly among the prepared muffin cups and sprinkle the top of each muffin generously with the brown sugar.
- Bake until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 20 to 24 minutes. 8.) Cool the muffins in the pan for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.