I love, love, love, tuna tartare. Here is yet another version of it… and so easy to prepare!
- 2 (9-oz.) tuna steaks
- 2 tbsp. mirin
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted, and cut into cubes
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Chill tuna in freezer for 25 minutes.
- Transfer tuna to cutting board and, using a very sharp knife, cut tuna into cubes.
- Combine with mirin and soy sauce; refrigerate until ready to use.
- Meanwhile, combine avocado, lime juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Divide reserved tuna and avocado mixtures between plates. Serve immediately.