This has got to be one of my favourite combinations: chocolate with almonds. Make sure the chocolate is good quality and you cannot go wrong with this recipe. YUM!
- 200 gr butter, softened
- 200 gr sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 6 egg yolks
- 200 gr Chocolat Noir 64%, crumbled
- 120 gr flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 100 gr ground almonds
- 6 egg whites, stiffly beaten
- Whisk butter, sugar, salt and egg yolks with hand mixer until the mixture turns paler.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler, add.
- Mix flour, baking powder and almonds, fold into the mixture.
- Fold stiffly beaten egg whites into the dough, pour mixture into the prepared cake form.
- Bake approx. 45 minutes in the middle of oven preheated to 180°C.