It’s the new trend of the Parisiennes. The pavlova, an airy dessert by excellence « meringue + whipped cream + red fruit» pays homage to the famous Russian dancer. An ultra-light and delicate dessert, naturally!
- 2 egg whites
- 110 gr of powdered sugar
- 1 dash of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of corn starch
- 25 cl of liquid fleurette cream
- 2 tablespoons of mascarpone
- 2 tablespoons of glazed sugar
- 200 gr of red fruit (raspberries, blueberries, gooseberries…)
- 10 cl of raspberry topping
- Preheat the oven to 180° C.
- In a salad bowl, beat the egg whites into snow peaks and the powdered sugar.
- Incorporate the lemon juice and the starch, mix delicately.
- On a plaque covered with waxed cooking paper, form 4 meringue circles. Using the back of a spoon dipped in water, create a slight dos hollow at the centre of the meringues.
- Lower the thermostat to 120 °C. Bake for 1 hour, turn off the oven, leave the door ajar and allow the meringue to dry for at least 2 hours.
- In a stainless steel bowl, beat the cold cream into a firm chantilly, incorporate the glazed sugar and the mascarpone, very delicately.
- Divide the chantilly on the pavlovas. Decorate them with fresh fruit and eventually add a topping.