Here’s a great way to incorporate your greens into a healthy and delicious dish. Who can resist a refreshing pasta salad?
- 2 1/2 cups bowtie pasta
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1/4 cups onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1 can navy beans or chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- Juice of a lemon
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp mustard
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook pasta until done, about 7-9 minutes. Drain pasta and set aside.
- Place cilantro and spinach in a food processor and process until chopped into tiny pieces.
- Add greens to a medium bowl.
- Add the garlic, onion, tomatoes, avocado, and beans.
- Toss in cooked pasta, and stir until combined.
- Pour dressing over the top and fold into salad until well coated.
- Refrigerate for at least 10-15 minutes to let flavors combine.