Nothing tops a real Swiss chocolate cake. This is a recipe we use for all the kids’ birthday cakes. It never fails! Yummy and scrumptious. You could also adapt it for a Valentine’s Day cake.
- 150 gr margarine
- 230 gr sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 pinch of salt
- 5 gr of vanilla sugar
- 200 gr dark chocolate (e.g. Crémant)
- 125 gr ground almonds
- 125 gr ground plain biscuits
- 375 gr powder sugar
- 4 tablespoons chocolate powder
- Stir margarine until foam-like.
- Add sugar, yolk of the 6 eggs, salt and vanilla sugar, stir again.
- Melt chocolate with 3 tablespoons of hot water and add to the mixture.
- Add almonds and biscuits.
- Whip the whites until stiff, add to the mixture and mix well.
- Grease mold with butter, pour mixture into 24 cm diameter cake mould.
- Bake on lowest position in oven at 180°C for 50 to 60 minutes.
- Mix powder sugar with 4 tablespoons of water. Put 1 tablespoon aside.
- Add chocolate powder to the rest of the mixture, add a few drops of water and stir.
- Let cake cool off after baking. Pour chocolate mixture evenly over cake.
- Form a small, funnel-shaped paper with a tiny opening. Put the mixture set aside beforehand into paper cone and draw 8 concentric circles on cake.
- Use a small knife and pull 8 lines from the center towards the edge and 8 lines from the edge towards the center alternating.