Birchermüesli is as Swiss as it gets. It can be eaten for breakfast, brunch or light dinner. It is a healthy alternative to cereals and the kids love it.
- 200 g Birchermüesli flake mix with no added sugar
- 4.5 dl milk
- 1-2 apples
- other fruit, e.g. berries, grapes, bananas, kiwi etc., according to taste/season
- 1 red fruit yoghurt
- some orange juice or mixed fruit juice
- 0.25 dl cream (or more )
- Mix the Birchermüesli flake mix with the milk.
- Grate the apples or cut them into small pieces. Add them to the Birchermüesli.
- Finely chop your other fruit, add it to the Birchermüesli and mix well.
- Add the yoghurt.
- Stir in some orange/mixed fruit juice to make it more refreshing.
- Add the cream.
- Optional: before serving whip some cream and decorate onto the Birchermüesli for nicer presentation.
Note: The consistency should be more “liquid” than solid. To adjust the taste if the consistency is too thick, add additional orange juice and/or milk.