No Swiss gourmet journey would be complete without indulging the sweet tooth. All over Switzerland fruit is featured in many desserts, such as incredibly flavorful fruit tarts and fresh berries with whipped cream. However, vegetables can make delicious sweet dishes as well. Following is one of my daughters favourite recipes that we enjoy preparing and devouring together: Carrot muffins
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Melt butter
- Place into a large mixing bowl along with sugar, salt and beaten eggs
- Mix well with a wooden spoon or electric mixer.
- Pour milk into mixture
- Add grated carrots. Mix well.
- Add ground almonds, flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda
- Place patty cases into muffin pan.
- Place heaped tablespoonfuls of mixture into pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes until cooked through. Do not overcook.
- Let muffins cool down and decorate with marzipan carrots and a whole load of fantasy!