Yet another delicious apple pie recipe, you might think. If you were in France you could purchase this delicious treat from any number of patisserie stores from Paris to Provence. If not, this recipe is as close to the taste and texture of what you would enjoy in France and it’s so simple to make.
- 1 puff pie pastry
- 3 – 4 apples
- 50 gr powdered sugar
- 200 ml or 1 brick of liquid cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 table spoon vanilla sugar
- 1-2 table spoon dark rhum
- Preheat your oven to 180 ° C
- Take a puff pastry base and lay it out in a pie dish
- Cut apples into strips and drop nicely onto pastry until the pie is filled
- Sprinkle apples with powdered sugar
- In a bowl you mix liquid cream, two eggs and vanilla sugar (you have to taste to know if you have to put more or not)
- Add a cap of dark rhum (optional)
- Pour mixture into pie.
- Bake pie in the oven for 25 minutes.
- You can lower the temperature to 150°C, and sprinkle your pie again with a little bit of sugar to caramelise it and let bake it for 15 minutes.