A good friend of mine once gave me six adorable Le Creuset mini-pots for a house warming party. I have found the perfect recipe to go with it:
Ingredients (crushed tomatoes and fresh goat cheese)
- 4 tomatoes
- 150 gr of fresh goat cheese
- 2 table spoons of olive oil
- 2 shallots
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 twig of basil
- pinch of La Baleine Fine Salt
- 1 pinch of sugar
Ingredients (for the crumble dough)
- 70 gr of flour
- 70 gr of parmesan
- 70 gr of butter
- 2 table spoons of fine breadcrumbs
- 1 branch of fresh rosemary
Preheat oven to 180°C (thermostat 6) and take the butter out of the icebox.
For the crushed tomatoes:
- Bring water to boil in a cooking pan.
- Remove the tomato stem and cut them slightly with the tip of a knife before dipping them about 20 seconds in boiling water.
- Remove with a skimmer and dip them in a salad bowl of cold water in order to stop the cooking and refresh them.
- Remove the skin from the tomatoes then cut into small cubes.
- Thinly chisel the garlic and shallots.
- Pan fry the garlic and shallots with a thin dash of olive oil and add the diced tomatoes.
- Add the chiseled basil and a small pinch of sugar to avoid the acidity of the tomatoes.
- Allow to cook on a low flame with a top for 10 minutes stirring from time to time.
- At the end of the cooking, add some La Baleine Fine Salt and pepper.
For the crumble dough:
- In a salad bowl, mix the flour, the parmesan, the softened butter and the rosemary twigs.
- Knead until you get a sandy texture.
- In a baking dish previously oiled, alternated the crushed tomatoes and goat cheese.
- Finish with the crumble dough.
- Cook 10 minutes at 180°C (thermostat 6).
Serve tepid or cold, slightly sprinkled with La Baleine Fleur de Sel to convey the touch of exception and crispness. Delicious with an arugula salad!