This is a cake that is easy and fast to whip up. It presents well and will impress your tea guests with it’s taste and presentation. Kids and adults love it!
- 16 tbsp. unsalted butter, plus more for greasing
- 4 cups flour, plus 3 tsp.
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 5 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 300°.
- Grease a 9½” bundt pan and set aside
- Whisk 4 cups flour, baking powder, and baking soda in a bowl; set aside
- In another bowl, using an electric hand mixer, cream butter and sugar until fluffy
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition
- Add sour cream and vanilla and mix well to combine
- With the motor running, slowly add dry ingredients until smooth; set aside
- In another bowl, combine remaining flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
- Starting and ending with the batter, layer in bundt pan with sugar mixture to form five layers.
- Sprinkle with pecans and bake 1½ hours until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.