You know spring is around the corner when you start to spot stawberries at the market. For a super healthy and delicious spring recipe why not try a Strawberry-Mango-Spinach salad:
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- 30oz baby spinach leaves
- (1 oz)peeled and diced red onion
- 1 small ripe mango, peeled and chopped
- 5 strawberries, skinned and diced
- 2 tbsp dried cranberries
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- Heat a dry frying pan and add the pine nuts.
- Toast them for around two minutes, stirring continuously until golden. Watch out that they don’t burn.
- Combine the baby spinach leaves, red onion, mango, strawberries, and dried cranberries in a bowl.
- In another bowl, combine three tablespoons of vegetable oil, a tablespoon of balsamic vinegar, and a tablespoon of caster sugar.
- Add seasoning to taste.
- Whisk vigorously until the dressing is blended.
- Toss the salad with the dressing.
- To finish, sprinkle the toasted pine nuts over the top for some added nutrition.