Following is another recipe I received via e-mail chain from a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend. It sounds delicious and seriously Italian. My hubby and kids love it! And that says it all…..
- 3 big aubergines (eggplants)
- 1 cup of tomatoe purée
- 400 gr of pasta (tortiglioni, if possible)
- Cut and dice eggplants.
- Fry them in very hot oil until they are crispy but be careful not to burn them.
- Put them on some kitchen paper and salt them.
- At the same time prepare a tomato sauce by putting tomato puree into a pan with some oil and salt once it’s cooked.
- After the sauce has cooked for about half an hour you can add inn the aubergines.
- If you have it some basil can be added to the sauce with the aubergines.
- Cook the pasta in boiling and salted water and cook for the minutes indicated on the pasta box.
- Add in the sauce.
- Sparkle with parmisan cheese and la pasta è pronto!