It sounds Italian but my hubby says its purely “gringo”. I guess he’s right because Italians don’t “do” sandwiches. Panini at best! Keep posted for panini recipes in the future.
- 1 medium eggplant (about 1 lb), sliced into 1/4-in.-thick rounds
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil Kosher salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup(s) store-bought pesto
- 4 ciabatta or other rolls, split
- 1 cup(s) ricotta cheese
- 4 medium roasted red peppers, halved
- Heat grill to medium.
- Brush both sides of the eggplant with the oil and season with ¼ tsp each salt and pepper.
- Grill, covered, until the eggplant is slightly charred and tender, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Spread the pesto on the rolls and form sandwiches with the eggplant, ricotta and roasted peppers.