This recipe actually came to me via an e-mail chain message: send-your-recipe-to-the-first-name-on-the-list. Well, it worked for me. I received lots of great menu ideas.
When I feel a little homesick for past times the best cure is a Spanish tortilla.
- 6 Potatoes (1 onion if you like)
- 6 Eggs
- Olive oil
- Peel and cut the potatoes in slices, not very thin.
- Fried the potatoes in a frying pan with some oil. Oil should cover the potatoes. (Peel and chop the onion too)
- Meanwhile you can beat the eggs in a bowl
- Add the potatoes and onion in the bowl with the eggs. Mix together with a spoon.
- Put all the mixture in a non-stick frying pan (very important): In the pan there is some oil and on medium heat.
- Let the omelet cook for 3/4 minutes. Check that the egg is cooking but it is slightly brown.
- When the mixture has browned on the bottom you have to turn it over to cook the other side. Place a plate( a little bit larger than the frying pan) upside down over the frying pan. With one hand on the frying pan handle and the other on top of the plate to hold it steady, quickly turn the frying pan over and the omelet will fall onto the plate. Put again the omelet into the frying pan. Let it cook for 3/4 minutes.