A super easy cake recipe that you can make with your kids in no time. It’s great fun because they can work their hands into the dough and crumble it with ease. Breakfast, Brunch or Teatime…any time is the perfect time for a yummy crumble.
- 225 gr sugar
- 1 package vanilla sugar
- 1 egg
- 250 gr soft butter
- 375 gr flour
- 125 gr cornflour (Maizena)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pack baking powder
- 1 kg rhubarb
- Mix sugar, vanilla sugar, egg and butter until creamy.
- Combine flour, cornflour, salt and baking powder and stir together with sugar-egg-butter mixture.
- Peel and chop rhubarb
- Set aside 1/3 of dough as crumble
- Roll out 1/3 of dough to cover bottom of springform pan
- Pat 1/3 of dough along pan edge
- Sprinkle bottom of pan with almonds or hazelnuts.
- Pour rhubarb onto pan and top with set aside crumble.
- Bake at 180 degrees for 50 minutes.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve with Crème Fraiche or Vanilla ice cream.
P.S: You can use strawberries, apples, gooseberries and many other kind of fruit in season instead of rhubarb.