Nothing beats homemade cranberry sauce. This is a simple and super-fast recipe. Just make sure the ingredients are good quality. It makes all the difference!
- 1 pound fresh cranberries, approximately 4 cups
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 cup 100 percent cranberry juice, not cocktail
- 1 cup honey
- Wash the cranberries and discard any that are soft or wrinkled.
- Combine the orange juice, cranberry juice and honey in a 2 quart saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the cranberries and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the cranberries burst and the mixture thickens. Do not cook for more than 15 minutes as the pectin will start to break down and the sauce will not set as well. Remove from the heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Carefully spoon the cranberry sauce into a 3 cup mold. Place in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours and up to overnight.
- To unmold and serve, immerse bottom of mold in hot water for 10 to 15 seconds and turn upside down on plate or serving dish. If necessary, carefully run a warm knife around the edge of the mold.