“If it ain’t chocolate, it ain’t breakfast!”
What better way to start your day than with a chocolate muffin? OK, I admit I have a terrible sweet tooth. These chocolate mufffins do the trick every time I feel a craving. They also make successful children’s snacks or dinner party gifts. The recipe is as fast as it is easy. Even beginners cannot go wrong. So go ahead – have 1/2 hour to spare – indulge in some devine chocolate muffins.
- 100gr dark good quality chocolate
- 80 gr butter
- 130 gr sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 dl milk
- 270 gr flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 1/2 table spoon sugar
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler then add melted butter and let cool slightly.
- Mix sugar, vanilla sugar, salt, eggs and milk in a bowl and beat until the mixture becomes lighter then stir in chocolate.
- Combine flour, baking powder and baking soda, add to chocolate mixture and blend together.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin cases, sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180ºC for 15 to 20 minutes.