Breakfast in bed, brunch party or snack? These fabulously delicious and healthy muffins make great snacks for all ages. Kids love banana’s so they’ll love this special recipe including the tasty icing to top it all off! Makes 12 cupcakes.
- 200g wholemeal flour
- 1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 90g unsalted butter
- 150g sugar
- 65 g white Chocolate chips
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- butter, for greasing
- 200g cream cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 80g Icing sugar, sifted
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Lightly grease a 12-hold muffin tin or line with paper cases.
- Combine the flour, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder and chocolate chips in a bowl.
- In a separate large bowl, beat the butter and sugar with a wooden spoon until combined well and there are no lumps.
- Add the flour to the mixture and blend well using a whisk. The consistency should be dry and a bit crumbly.
- Next, stir in the eggs and then fold in the mashed bananas.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin tin, filling each paper case about two-thirds full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until well risen and golden brown on top.
- Cool in a tin for 5 minutes, then take out and cool completely on wire rack before icing.
- To make the icing, ensure the cream cheese is cold and put in a bowl. Beat in the vanilla extract until just blended. Gradually beat in the icing sugar until smooth. It’s best to use well-sifted icing sugar so you don’t get any lumps.
- Using a knife, spread on the cooled cupcakes.