Just the ticket on a cold November day… this creamy pea soup is loaded with nutrition such as calcium, potassium and vitamin A. If you are looking for an easy way to get your kids to eat their veggies, this is it! Add some crunchy bacon bits to it and they’ll love it!
Ingredients (for 4 servings)
- 1 kg peas
- 2 white onion, chopped
- 20gr cream
- 50 gr Parmigiano Reggiano
- 3 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 4dl vegetable broth
- salt & pepper to taste
- ground nutmeg for serving
- Heat up the vegetable broth at medium high heat and let it rest at low heat.
- Heat the oil slightly in a pan and add the onion. Let the onion get golden over low heat, stirring often to avoid burning.
- After a couple of minutes add the peas (fresh or frozen – if you use frozen you don’t have to defrost them), add salt and pepper and mix everything together.
- Let it cook for about 5 minutes, then pour in all the vegetable broth.
- Continue cooking for another 15-20 minutes without a lid, then turn off the heat and using an immersion mixer blend everything together until you get a smooth consistency. If you feel like you need more liquid you may add some hot water or some cream. If you feel like it’s too liquid leave it to cook at medium low heat for a little longer in order for the water to evaporate.
- Serve the soup and garnish with some Parmesan and ground nutmeg.