An Italian classic revisited with a fresh, fruity and light twist: this strawberry parfait is a fruity variation of the traditional tiramisù and is perfect for hot summer days. The rich red strawberries are not just a visual delight, but also a treat for the taste buds.
- 250gr low-fat quark
- 250gr mascarpone
- 1 orange, a little zest and 2 tbsp juice
- 1/2 vanilla pod, halved lengthways with the seeds scraped out
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 180ml cream, whipped to firm peaks
Combine all ingredients up to and including the sugar in a bowl and stir until the mixture is smooth and light. Then slowly fold in the whipped cream and place in the fridge to chill.
- 250gr strawberries
- 100ml orange juice
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp Marsala
- 150gr sponge fingers
- a little cocoa for dusting
Set a few strawberries aside for the garnish. Cut the remaining strawberries in half and puree with the orange juice, sugar and Marsala.
- Distribute half the sponge fingers over the base of the dish.
- Drizzle with half of the strawberry sauce and evenly spread half the quark-mascarpone cream on top.
- Cover with the remaining sponge fingers, drizzle with strawberry sauce and spread over the remaining quark-mascarpone cream.
- Cover and leave in the fridge for min. 4 hours to set. Put in the freezer approx. 1 hour before serving.
- Sprinkle with cacao just before serving.