Need a fast and impressive looking “aperitivo”? A dish to take along to share? One that your kids can eat as well? Here’s the answer.
Ingredients (Makes: 12 rolls)
- 1 roll of pizza dough
- ¾ lb ham (thinly sliced)
- 12 thinly slices Emmenthaler cheese
- ½ cup (8 tablespoons) butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Coat a 9×13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Unroll the pizza dough onto a cutting board and press into approximately a 13×18-inch rectangle. 3.) Top with ham and cheese slices.
- Starting on the longer side of the rectangle, roll up the edge tightly. When you reach the end, pinch the seam together and flip the roll so that the seam is face down.
- Cut into 12 slices, approximately 1-inch wide. Arrange in prepared baking dish.
- Combine the butter, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, and poppy seeds in a sauce pan over medium heat. Whisk until the butter is melted and the glaze is smooth and combined. Pour evenly over the rolls.
- Bake uncovered for 25 minutes until golden and browned.