Even if you’re not a big fan of gelatine, this is a simple recipe. It is a great entrée for dinner parties. Add a drop of tabasco to give it a hint of spice.
- 15 gr powdered gelatine (1 sachet)
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 lemon (juiced)
- salt and pepper
- 2/3 cup cream – lightly whipped
- 85 gr peeled cooked prawns
- bunch of cilantro
- 1 shallot chopped very finely
- French dressing
- Soak gelatine in 3 tbs cold water in small pan
- Peel avocados and puree until smooth with lemon juice, salt and pepper
- Add mayonnaise
- Dissolve gelatine over gentle heat. When warm and clear stir into the avocado mixture.
- Fold in whipped cream with a large metal spoon
- Pour into a lightly oiled ring mould and refrigerate until set
- Turn out onto a round serving plate.
- Mix the prawns with French dressing, chopped cilantro and shallot and pile into the centre of the mousse. Serve with brown bread and butter.