A lovely winter dish to keep you warm when you come off the ski slopes… this is the kind of soup that is so simple to make yet tastes like you really know your way around the kitchen… not just the slopes!
- 3 russet potatoes, peeled and sliced or diced
- 5 leeks, trimmed, cleaned, then thinly sliced, including the tender green part
- 4–6 tbsp. whipping cream
- 2–3 tbsp. minced fresh parsley or chives
- Put potatoes, leeks, salt to taste, and 8 cups of water in a large saucepan over medium heat and simmer, partially covered, until vegetables are tender, 40–50 minutes.
- Mash vegetables in the soup with a fork, or pass the soup through a food processor.
- Correct seasoning with salt.
- Just before serving, stir in the cream by spoonfuls. Pour soup into a tureen or soup bowls and decorate with the herbs. Add a little freshly ground white pepper, if you like.