With the days getting colder, this is the perfect dish to welcome your dinner guests. Fast, simple and delicious.
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves; optional
- 1/2 lb wheel Brie or Camembert cheese
- 1/2 lb frozen phyllo dough, 10-12 sheets, thawed
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Fresh dill, optional
- Red and green grapes, optional
- Apples, sliced, optional
- Pears, sliced, optional
- Spread preserves on top of the Brie
- Wrap the Brie in thawed phyllo dough one sheet at a time, brushing each sheet with melted butter
- Turn cheese over after applying each sheet of phyllo for even distribution
- Brush phyllo-wrapped Brie with butter
- Cover & refrigerate
- Before serving, place the phyllo-wrapped cheese in a shallow baking pan. Bake in a 425 degree oven 8-12 minutes or until golden.
- Let stand 10 minutes.
- Garnish with optional dill and fruit if desired. Serve with crackers.