T’is the strawberry season. We have spent the last two months eating strawberries with cream and sugar. I therefore decided to come up with a new twist to our habitual pudding:
- 500gr Gariguette strawberries from France
- 220 gr flour
- 120 gr glazed sugar
- 90 g butter
- 1 good pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon of chemical yeast
- 1 small egg
- 50 gr butter
- 50 gr sugar
- 1 egg
- 50 gr ground almonds
- 1 tablespoon of flour
- 70 gr cheese spread
- 1 untreated green lemon
- Make the sourdough by mixing the flour, the glazed sugar, the butter, salt and yeast until you obtain a fine sandy texture. Be careful not to overheat the butter.
- Add the egg
- Roll the dough in a ball and set aside for 1 hour minimum.
- Flatten the dough on a paper cooking sheet and spread it into a buttered heart shaped mold. Cut off the extra around the mold.
- Make it all slide on a cooking grid and precook the pie crust for 10 minutes in an oven preheated to 200°C.
- Prepare the cream by mixing the butter and sugar.
- Add the egg. Mix well.
- Add the ground almonds and the flour
- Finally mix in cheese spread and the zest of grated green lemon.
- Pour this cream on the precooked sour dough and bake for 10 minutes at 200°C.
- Let the pie cool down.
- Remove the strawberry stems, cut them in half and lay on the pie in heart-shaped formation.