Thanks to this week’s chain e-mail of recipe exchanges, I am discovering all kinds of fast and easy dishes to prepare for my family. Here’s another one from a Spanish friend of a friend of a friend of a friend.
- 1 pie crust
- 2 leek, halved, washed, finely sliced (white and light green parts only)
- 1 onion
- 150ggr of smoked bacon, diced
- 50 – 100 gr of creamy blue cheese, crumbled
- a handful of raisins
- 2 tablespoons of Mango/Pineaplle jam
- Cut the bacon into bite size pieces and cook until crisp. Remove and drain on a paper towel
- Sauté the sliced leeks and onion in the bacon fat over medium-low heat until tender.
- Add raisins.
- In an oven dish or oven tray set the pastry and cover with the marmalade
- Fill the crust with bacon, leeks, onions and cheese.
- Bake at 200°C until the filling is puffed and baked through in the center, around 30 minutes.
Tip: If you wish you can cover the pie with puff pastry and press down edges firmly. Trim excess. Press a fork around edges to seal. Brush pastry with egg. Make a small hole in centre of pastry to allow steam to escape. Bake for 25-30 minutes until pastry has risen and is golden brown.